Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Basic Japanese (1)

Since I addicted to Hiro, I have watched many of his drama recently. So while watching, I also learn about some Japanese conversations. Actually, If I want, I can learn Japanese since I was very young. My mother is a Japanese teacher and there's a LOT of Japanese books and cassettes for me to learn from. But as usual, I just motivated when began to learn and then lost my mood to continue learning. In high school, I took Japanese extra curriculum as well. And it only last about few months. Since the facility of language lab in my school isn't too complete, many students are lazy to keep learning. Including me. Haha. I really get bored easily. 


Now since I have watched many of Hiro's drama, I feel like I wanna learn Japanese again. I don't expect too much, cause I know to be fluent in Japanese especially learning Kanji is so damn difficult. So my target is only basic conversations and be able to write in Hiragana and Katakana. Here are some sentences that I learned from Hiro's drama: 
1. Moshi moshi : Hello (phone converstation).
2. Okaeri : Welcome home.
3. Wakata/Wakarimashita (read: wakarimasta) : I understand.
4.Itadakimasu (read: itadakimas) : Thanks for the food.
5.Kareshi : Boyfriend.
6.Sou ka : I see/I understand.
7.Nan desu ka (read: nan des ka?): What is it?
8.Nani? : What?
9.Baka! : Idiot!
10.Gomen/Gomenasai : I'm sorry. 

I also learn about how to call different persons:
1. [Name]-san --> to call someone who is older than you or someone who has a higher position than you. Basically, it is the polite way to call someone.
2. [Name]-sama --> it is more polite than '-san', one example was how Hiro in Mei-chan no Shitsuji always call Mei-sama to her, since he is her butler.
3.[Name]-kun --> to call a boy/a guy, but I don't think you can call it to someone who much older than you.
4. [Name]-chan --> as far as I know, we use it to call kids, but my friend who ever lived in Japan said that you can call someone with '-chan' if she is cute. Ha.
5. [First Name] --> you can call by their first name to someone whom you already close with.
6. [Last Name] --> usually it is used in the office, or if you aren't close with them.

To your family, you call them with Oka-san (Mother), Otou-san (Father), Aniki (Big brother), Aneki/Onee-san (Big sister). For younger brother/sisters and the rest families, I haven't learned it yet :p 

That's enough for today. Do not hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong :) 

つづく


No comments:

Post a Comment